1. One of the most important health benefits is its property of checking hypertension. It is an effective antidote for blood pressure as its rich potassium content not only helps regulate blood pressure but also improves mental alertness.
2. Beta carotene of papaya is a great immunity booster and helps in the proper functioning of immunity system and enhancing its effectiveness.
3. Papaya enzyme is hugely helpful in digesting protein and therefore is highly effective in treating stomach problems, especially constipation. Eating papaya daily eases motion and prevents constipation.
4. Papaya is also a rich source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids; the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium; and fiber. Hence, it is very useful in preventing recurrent ear infections, cold and flu.
5. Its antioxidant property and nutrient content are helpful in reducing risk of heart diseases, including heart attack and stroke.
6. Its latex contents are also useful in respiratory problems like bronchitis, breathlessness, cough etc.
7. It is good for diabetes patients also.
8. It makes a fantastic face pack as its Vitamin A and papain contents help remove dead cells and keep the skin well hydrated resulting in glow and rejuvenation of skin cells.
9. Application of its pulp on face for 20-25 minutes helps remove pimples, dark circles and other scars/ blemishes of the face including reducing tan when applied on other body parts.
10. Mashed papaya is useful for treating cracked heels, external wounds and chronic ulcers of the skin.
11. It is also an effective anti-aging agent as much desired AHA or Alpha hydroxyl Acid which is one of the most effective anti-aging agents is found in abundance in papaya.
12. Its regular consumption and external use keeps one fit and provides smooth, supple and soft and shining skin.
13. Eating regularly also helps nourish the hair and boost its volume and growth.
14. It also controls dandruff when its paste is applied on scalp for 15-20 minutes.
15. Papaya leaf extract is also a hair conditioner and gives shine to dull and lifeless hair.