By Sue Frank
Cancer is a serious and debilitating disease that needs to be treated early before it becomes fatal. Today, most of the cancers can be treated for longevity. Be aware of the symptoms of the cancer but do not panic on symptoms because the symptoms do not necessarily mean confirmed cancer! If symptoms of cancer are found, immediately consult physician/ expert. Early detection of the cancer helps to treat it and better cope with the cancer on emotional and psychological level.
• Persistent pain on any part of the body should not be ignored. It could be the early signal of cancer. Doctor should be consulted for any change in the breast area including any cyst like formation.
• Medical consultation is necessary if fever occurs frequently. Long duration of fever without diagnosis is one of the symptoms of cancer. Persistent fever is often found when the cancer spreads from one part of the body to another part of the body.
• Consult doctor on sudden loss of weight. If 10% of the body weight is reduced within 7 to 10 days, it could be a sign of cancer, especially when there is no workout or any other reason for weight loss.
• Constant exhaustion and feeling of listlessness.
• Abnormal changes on the skin.
• Long period of cough and cold condition.
• Problems in swallowing things/ food including water could be an indication of some sort of cancer and requires medical consultation.
• Feeling depressed
• If the color of urine and stool is changed abnormally, the doctors’ advice should be taken urgently.
• Constant itching could also be one of the important symptoms of cancer.